There are three categories to participate in the IPMC Network. Please review and request the appropriate application form at email@example.com
- Join our Mailing List
Keep in touch with our projects and advocacy work. Get involved with local place making opportunities.
- Category 1 - Place-Making Practitioners - Indigenous owned organizations
Indigenous-owned businesses can join IPMC for free and will have access to opportunities to promote and work on IPMC generated projects.
- Category 2 - Place-Making Practitioners - non-Indigenous owned organizations
Non-Indigenous businesses are expected to join the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business’s (CCAB) Progressive Aboriginal Relation (PAR) Progressive Aboriginal Relations certification program, with the objective of becoming certified within 4 years of joining PAR. Projects conducted under category 2 should be led by Indigenous professionals and practitioners, while the organization demonstrates progressive aboriginal relations.
To become a category 2 member, annual fees are based on type/size of your organization. In addition your organization must support Indigenous communities through the following activities.
1. Provide employment for Indigenous practitioners/professionals
2. Offer internships associated with Indigenous place making projects for Indigenous persons
3. Support bursaries and scholarships for Indigenous students at training and educational institutions
4. Act as advocates in your community for Indigenous Place-Making
5. Support other Indigenous businesses through progressive procurement policies
6. Provide awareness training for staff offered by Indigenous knowledge keepers
7. Practice meaningful engagement and consultation with Indigenous communities when undertaking projects
8. Commit to culturally and regionally appropriate place-making practices